Sunday, August 31, 2008

It is time to go...

I have lived in downtown Dallas for almost 6 years. I am considered somewhat of a "pioneer" being here that long. I really have loved living here but life brings changes and we have decided to leave downtown. When Ron and I moved in together in February I transferred into a much larger loft because two people in 600 square feet was not that appealing to me. We have been very happy living in the new loft but we decided that, as a couple, perhaps downtown was not for us. We talked about renting or buying a house but decided that we were not really ready for that just yet. We did not even consider another place downtown or even uptown because the rent is getting ridiculous and the homeless issue is getting worse. We are sick and tired of stepping over the homeless and right into dog shit. We are also wanting to save money and with paying high parking rates, high rent, my DART pass, and other expenses and issues incurred living downtown we figured that this was more money than we really wanted to spend and getting to be way to much trouble than it is worth.

Finding a new place was easy. I have become incredibly spoiled to high-rise living and it just so happens that there is a 16 story building across the street from my office (literally, across the street). I looked there a long time ago and loved it but decided that I wanted to live downtown. Well, now I am ending up back there. Ron and I went over to look and he really liked it as well. Our lease is up in January so we still have a little time left here. This move will probably be a big adjustment for me but I am certainly looking forward to it.

Our future new home:

No comments: